What is Tramadol?
Tramadol is a narcotic-like prescription medication that provides relief from moderate to severe pain. It is the generic version of the drug that is also available under the brand name Ultram.
This drug is available in both, the immediate-release formula and extended-release form. You can buy Tramadol online as per your requirement if you have a doctor’s prescription. This medicine falls under the controlled substances act as a schedule IV substance, so a doctor’s prescription is necessary to buy this medicine.
What are the uses of Tramadol?
Doctors recommend this drug for people who suffer from moderate to moderately severe pain. It works similar to opioid analgesics. It blocks the pain messages from reaching the brain, which changes how your body will feel and responds to the sensation of pain.
It binds with the endorphins receptors and restricts the flow of pain signals from your body to your brain, which convinces your mind that you are having less or no pain at all.
Your doctors might prescribe either quick-release or extended-release variant of this drug based on your condition and severity of pain. Both versions act similarly, but the primary difference between them is how long they last in the system and how fast they start to show their effects. The immediate-release begins working quickly and lasts for a short period. In contrast, extended-release formula slowly shows its results but keeps on working for an extended period.
What precautions to take while using Tramadol?
Make sure to be aware of the following precautions if you plan to use this medicine. Following these guidelines will decrease your risk of facing adverse effects of this drug, whether you buy Tramadol online or from your local pharmacy.
- Take medicine at the first sign of pain. Waiting will only worsen your situation and make the drug ineffective.
- Avoid abruptly stopping the use of this medicine, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor to lower the dose over a few weeks to minimize the chances of withdrawal symptoms.
- It is not suitable for use over more extended periods. Consult with your healthcare provider if this medicine loses its efficacy.
- Many prescription and non-prescription drugs can interfere with Tramadol’s functioning, so it is necessary to tell your doctor about the substances you are taking before starting the treatment with this drug.
- Mixing this medicine with alcohol or marijuana increases the chances of side effects. Avoid alcoholic beverages while using this drug.
- Tramadol can make you sleepy, so avoid any task that requires proper attention while you are under the influence of this medicine.
- This medicine can affect your heart rhythm, causing irregular heartbeat and other symptoms, which require immediate medical attention.
- Try talking to your doctor before using this drug during pregnancy, as it can have undesirable effects on the unborn kid’s health.
What are the side effects of Tramadol?
This medicine can cause side effects ranging from mild to severe. If these poses a treat to your well being and interfere in your normal functioning, call 911 and get medical care right away.
Common side effects
- Lack of energy
- Dry mouth
Serious side effects
- Increased heart rate
- High blood pressure
- High body temperature
- Lack of coordination
- Stronger than normal reflexes
- Runny nose
- Trouble sleeping